Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Braden Mitchell

From a telephone interview:
I definitely think we need to scrutinize things.  (Based on the Riverdale City Citizens facebook page) I know people are concerned about the mayor having a group of people who are just going to say yes to everything.  I don’t think that’s going to help anyone.  It’s not so much that they want more information or that they want to dig deeper.  It’s not so much that I wish the council would always agree, but sometimes the way things are worded are offensive, personalities clash, and they start to fight.  This is my perception, but I think they start off on the defensive.
As a pharmacist, I deal with the public.  Occasionally people will question me.  I have to treat people in a dignified manner and make my point without offending them.  My skills of diplomacy would be well suited to the council.
(Regarding a policy that could have used more scrutiny), I signed a (fair campaign) pledge at a start of the campaign.  It is probably not the best thing to bring up because I don’t have all the information, but the ambulance thing concerns me a lot.  If that turns out to have happened the way it looks like it has happened from the story in the paper, the council has lost sight of what they’re supposed to be doing.  They have lost sight of their role in relation to the citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment